BlogCatalog

Sport Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Saturday, June 12, 2010

W.O.D. - Number 2

Yes I know this one is two days late!  Been a little busy so didn't have time to get to my laptop to talk about my last workout.  OK so I left off with the weight session I did on Thursday, it's now Saturday.  So hill sprints with Tom were different, I decided to bring along my new toy, the 20kg kettlebell!  Happy days!

  We went off to the local woods by our house and found a decent steep hill that we could run up.  Although pretty small, the slippery wet mud was leg sapping enough along with the gradient.  While one of us was doing hill sprints, the other was doing a simple kettlebell work out.  Here is the workout we did:

  • 5 hill sprints/alternate arm kettlebell swings
  • 2 rounds of 2 hill sprints/two handed kettlebell lift to chin to burpee
  • Continuous push-ups/alternating kettlebell clean
  • 2 rounds of hillsprints up the BIG HILL
Let me just explain the big hill, this is the hill that runs along side the woods and is an absolute killer!  It takes me about 2-3 minutes to get up it at a fairly steady pace!  So when it came to doing them today, armed along with my vibram five fingers, I decided to go for it.  As fast and hard as I possibly could!  It was fairly difficult and really felt my legs turning to big heavy lumps of meat!  I did however enjoy it and felt much better than I normally do on that...maybe I wasn't pushing as hard as I thought?  Oh well.

Peace out for now

No comments:

Post a Comment